Friday, April 24, 2009

Ashore in the Dominican Republic!

Well, yesterday was not my day when it comes to this blog!

First, I went ashore and took lots of really great pictures of our various medical sites and activities. Then, I somehow deleted the whole folder, so all those pictures were lost.

Then last night, I wrote a long blog entry which I thought was published, but when I went into the blog today, it wasn't there!

Well, today is a new day. We are working hard in the Dominican Republic. We have over 200 people ashore each day doing everything from treating patients (human and animal), to teaching lectures, to fixing broken equipment, to building a new classroom for a school. Everyone is doing a great job!

Today our first rotation of Army reservists takes place. We have about 20 folks heading out and about 32 coming in. And in less than a week from now we will be swapping out about 100 others. This is a tough process and takes a lot of coordination. Most of that effort falls on our Director for Administration and her staff. LCDR Wooten and HMC Branum have spent hundreds of hours planning and coordinating this event!

Well, I have to get back to work!

1 comment:

  1. That sucks. I'd imagine you were just a tad frustrated when you logged in this morning.

    ReplyDelete